Tunstall offers more than 20 years of experience in more than 100 disease states
We have successfully screened more than one million
patients for more than 250 clinical trials. We’ll work with you to understand your needs and develop customized solutions to quickly
increase your patient screening, recruitment, and enrollment rates.
Learn more about the disease states we’ve worked in
Patient screening and referral
Our goal is to identify appropriate patients for your study(ies). We begin by developing appropriate pre-screening tools that align
with your study’s inclusion and exclusion criteria. These pre-screening tools will be used by our professional call center operators,
on study websites, and our interactive voice response (IVR) system. We provide many opportunities for potential study volunteers to
obtain information and contact us 24/7 via our live call center operators, study websites, and our state-of-the-art IVR system.
Our professional call center operators have vast experiences in the healthcare industry, including working with patients with
complicated conditions such as cancer and depression. In these situations, we provide our call center operators with additional
knowledge and training so they can interact with patients in a professional and sensitive manner. Additionally, we offer
professional skilled nurse operators and multi-lingual operators to meet your needs.
Tunstall offers enhanced services to accelerate patient referral and patient enrollment. We can help with…
- Appointment scheduling—with available site appointments uploaded in our database, a Tunstall operator can immediately schedule the first appointment for a referred patient
- Fulfillment—we can provide custom printed information for referred patients, such as appointment confirmations, directions to the research site, and study-related information
- Warm transfer—a Tunstall operator can initiate a three-way call to connect a research site with a referred patient. Referred patients have an opportunity to discuss the study and schedule an initial site visit directly with the research site
- Referral tracking—we can provide updates on patient referrals through the recruitment process to site screening and disqualification or enrollment
Learn more about our patient recruitment options
Additionally, we offer real-time on-line reporting of patient referral and enrollment tracking for clinical trials. User-friendly
navigation allows office staff to access randomization numbers, evaluate reasons for disqualifications, change schedules, analyze
contact histories and demographics, and update medical information. Report suites are designed for compatibility with your
software applications and may be fully customized to suit specific data needs.
Learn more about our patient referral and enrollment tracking options
Enrolled study volunteers are more likely to adhere to protocol requirements when their study related tasks are top-of-mind.
Tunstall provides patient outreach, data capture, and motivational follow-up to enhance retention and compliance. Additional
services to consider include…
- Appointment reminders to assure patients remain compliant with study requirements for follow up visits
- Pre-visit instructions
- Reminders to complete patient diaries and interviews to capture patient information
- Site communications to handle after-hours support, appointment re-scheduling and support to recover patients lost to follow up
- Support for study reporting including treatment issues and challenges, triage support, patient self-reporting, and site reporting
These activities can be provided by our professional call center operators, or through our state-of-the art IVR system.
Learn more about our study volunteer retention and compliance options
On-line reports are available on our secure web portal. We deliver real-time project updates and detailed patient recruitment and
referral data. Standard reports provided include…
- Patient referral tracking by study site
- Disqualification reports (includes reason)
- Site verification and appointments
- Investigator referral
- Project status
- Screening failures
- Lag time between patient referral and date of first site contact
- Referral by tactic
Additionally, we can customize reports to include any captured data that our clients need. Our system allows clients with proprietary software to receive all program data on an as-needed basis.
Back to Clinical Solutions